MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Electrical shortage prompts apartment fire in west El Paso

El Paso fire crews worked to extinguish a fire at the Indian Springs Apartments in west El Paso on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. (Credit: KFOX14/CBS4)

Tenants at a westside apartment complex were evacuated Tuesday during a fire.

Battalion chief with the El Paso Fire Department said there was an electrical short in an attic space.

The spark ignited the fire, burning the rafters of the building structure.

El Paso fire fighters responded to the Indian Springs Apartments just after 7:30 a.m. along the 7000 block of Westwind Drive.

Fire officials said the fire was in an attic space, but have it under control.

Tenants were evacuated and no injuries were reported, according to a fire official.




close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending