Save the date for free vaccines for children
EL PASO, Texas —
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) wants to remind parents to stay on schedule for infant immunizations.
This week, a few clinics in the El Paso area will be partaking forparticipating in National Infant Immunization Week.
The CDC says the immunization schedule is designed to protect children when when they are most vulnerable as infants.
It's suggested that infants be immunized before they are exposed to potentially life-threatening diseases.
On Thursday, the Immunizations Program will be offering vaccines, at no cost, to eligible patients up to 2 years of age.
Patients must meet one of the following criteria:
• Medicaid eligible
• Uninsured or underinsured
• American Indian or Alaskan Native
• Enrolled in CHIP (El Paso First)
Vaccinations will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis at the following locations:
• Ysleta Clinic, 110 Candelaria Road
• Henderson Clinic, 721 S. Mesa Street
• Central Clinic, 5115 El Paso Drive, Suite B, Room C
Call 915-212-6555 for more information.