Where to see Easter bunny, search for eggs in El Paso
Easter is the one of the busiest times of the year for El Pasoans to be outdoors celebrating the holiday.
The city of El Paso has Easter-related events planned for the weekend for residents of all ages.
Officials encourage residents to keep city parks clean by picking up trash.
Pets are allowed in parks, but their owners are responsible for picking up after them.
Easter Bunny at El Paso Zoo, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: The El Paso Zoo will offer Easter activities including pictures with mascots from 10 a.m. to noon and pictures with the Easter Bunny from 1 to 4 p.m. The mascots and the Easter Bunny will also hand out candy, and animal enrichments are scheduled both days.
Golden Easter Egg Hunt and April Pools Day at Armijo Aquatic Center:
The city of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will host the Golden Easter Egg Hunt and offer free swimming for children under 12 years old on Saturday at the Armijo Aquatic Center, 911 S. Ochoa St. Activities begin at 10 a.m. The Golden Egg Hunt will be divided into the following age groups at the following times in the shallow end of the pool: ages 4 and under, noon to 12:20 p.m.; ages 5 to 7, 12:20 to 12:40 p.m.; and ages 8 to 12, 12:40 to 1 p.m. Participants can swim free from 1 to 3:30 p.m. For more information, call 915-544-3556.
Children do not need to know how to swim to participate in the Golden Egg Easter Hunt. Easter eggs will be placed in the zero-depth pool at the Aquatic Center and parents are encouraged to walk with the children and help them gather eggs. The Drowning Prevention Coalition of El Paso will provide water safety information for children and adults.
Free Easter egg hunts at parks and recreation centers citywide: The city of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will host several free Easter egg hunts at parks and recreation centers throughout the city during Easter week. Each center will have age-specific events with fitness-themed obstacles for participants 17 and younger.
4 to 7 p.m. Thursday:
• Chihuahuita Recreation Center, 417 Charles Road, 915-549-8934
• San Juan Recreation Center, 701 N. Glenwood Drive, 915-779-2799
• Seville Recreation Center, 6700 Sambrano Ave., 915-778-6722
4 to 7 p.m. Friday:
• Rae Gilmore Recreation Center, 8501 Diana Drive, 915-751-4945
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday:
• Armijo Recreation Center, 700 E. Seventh St., 915-544-5436
• Carolina Recreation Center, 563 N. Carolina St. 915-594-8934
• Don Haskins Recreation Center, 7400 High Ridge Drive, 915-587-1623
• Galatzan Recreation Center, 650 Wallenberg Drive, 915-581-5182
• Gary Del Palacio Recreation Center, 3001 Parkwood St., 915-629-7312
• Leona Ford Washington Recreation Center, 3400 E. Missouri Ave., 915-562-7071
• Marty Robbins Recreation Center, 11620 Vista Del Sol Drive, 915-855-4147
• Multipurpose Recreation Center, 9031 Viscount Blvd., 915-598-1155
• Nolan Richardson Recreation Center, 4435 Maxwell Ave., 915-755-7566
• O’Rourke Recreation Center, 901 N. Virginia St., 915-212-0127
• Pavo Real Recreation Center, 9301 Alameda Ave., 915-858-1929
• Veterans Recreation Center, 5301 Salem St., 915-821-8909
Easter celebrations and egg hunts at libraries:
• 3:30 p.m. Thursday: Easter Egg Hunt and Celebration, Memorial Park Branch.Annual egg hunt and spring fun after school. Refreshments will be served.
• 4 p.m. Friday: Meet the Easter Bunny, Dorris Van Doren Branch. Listen to Easter stories and take pictures with the Easter Bunny. Goodies to be provided.
• 11 a.m. Saturday: Stories about Easter and crafts, Armijo Branch.
• 11 a.m. Saturday: Story time, including stories and crafts for Easter
Richard Burges Branch.
• 11 a.m. Saturday: Easter story time, including stories and crafts, Sergio Troncoso Branch.
• Noon Saturday: Easter egg hunt for children 12 and
younger, Esperanza Moreno Branch.
• 1 p.m. Saturday: Easter egg party featuring the Easter Bunny, Jose Cisneros Branch.
• 2 p.m. Saturday: Easter egg hunt, including stories and pictures with the Easter Bunny
• 2 p.m. Saturday: Easter egg hunt and celebration, including crafts, Clardy Fox Branch.