Wingstop High School Scholar Athlete of the Month
KDBC-TV/ WINGSTOP HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLAR ATHLETE OF THE MONTH ONLINE NOMINATION OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Wingstop High School Scholar Athlete of the Month
Station: Sinclair Television of El Paso, LLC dba KDBC-TV
Station Address: 200 S. Mesa - El Paso, TX 79912
Contest Area: El Paso County
Prize Provider: Wingstop
Age of Eligibility: Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old. Nominees must be currently enrolled as a Senior in a public or private high school within the Contest Area.
Contest Period: August 24, 2016 to May 10, 2017
Entries Due: 11:59PM MT on the 10th day of each month during the Contest Period
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address per day; however, a nominee may be nominated by multiple entrants. Entrants may not nominate the same nominee more than once, and may not nominate themselves.
Nomination Topic: Nominate a deserving High School Scholar Athlete. Nominee must be currently enrolled as a Senior in a public or private high school within the Contest Area. Nominee must also be an active member in one (1) or more of the high school’s Varsity athletic programs or teams (i.e., football, soccer, cheerleading, etc.).
Judging Criteria: Community involvement (33.33%), Varsity sports participation (33.33%) and Academic achievement (33.33%).
Total Number of Winners: Ten (10): two (2) winners will be selected in September, and one (1) winner will be selected each month thereafter
Winner Determination Dates: The 15th day of each month during the Contest Period
Prizes and Values: Each winner will receive five hundred dollars ($500) at the conclusion of the academic year at a May gathering of winners, portions of which will be broadcast by Station. Total value of each prize is $500.00. Each Winner will also be featured as the Wingstop Scholar Athlete of the Month during the Station’s sportscast. Due to its nature, a value of the feature cannot be determined.
Station’s Website: http://cbs4local.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://cbs4local.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, log on to the Station’s Website, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, Nominee questionnaire and click submit. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic.
2. On each Winner Determination Date, the judges will determine one (1) Winner with the highest score based on the criteria set forth above.
3. As a condition of winning, each winner (or the parent/legal guardian if a minor) must sign an appearance release. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected if time permits. Station reserves the right to reduce the number of winners or to cancel this contest in the event that insufficient entries are received for judging.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Nominees must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, and meet the criteria of the Nomination Topic.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner, after verification by Station of winner’s qualifications through his or her school, will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner (or parent/legal guardian if minor) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the May winner gathering, date and time to be determined. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants (or nominee winners) are eligible to win only one prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants (and by accepting winner status, nominees) agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants (and nominee winners) further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s (or nominee’s) name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.