Electrical shortage prompts apartment fire in west El Paso
Tenants at a westside apartment complex were evacuated Tuesday during a fire.
Battalion chief with the El Paso Fire Department said there was an electrical short in an attic space.
The spark ignited the fire, burning the rafters of the building structure.
El Paso fire fighters responded to the Indian Springs Apartments just after 7:30 a.m. along the 7000 block of Westwind Drive.
Fire officials said the fire was in an attic space, but have it under control.
Tenants were evacuated and no injuries were reported, according to a fire official.